



Audrey Spainhower, or Auds or Audrey Spenglehowserstein as I like to call her, turned 21 today! And in honor of that, and the fact that we are leaving each other for the first t
ime in awhile, I would just like to say that I couldn't ask for a better friend, and I love her, and I am going to miss her. We have been best-ies since 9th grade, and have lived together for the past two years. They have been such good years! And now she is off on grand adventures without me this time, first to Washington D.C. to do an internship for the Smithsonian National Archives Museum, and then she is going on a mission. I am so excited for her!There are so many reasons that I will miss Audrey. For one thing, she is my external hard drive on which is stored many of the facts of my life. I don't know how I am going to tell people about myself without her to check facts with! For example, one time when I was telling some person I had just met at a ward social that I took AP something or other in high school, and they asked what I got on the test, I shouted across the room, "Hey Audrey! What was my score on ______ test?" And she knew! And I didn't! And that is when I figured out that Audrey's mind that is like a trap was a perfect complement to my fuzzy and abstract thinking, and my absentminded-professor ways.
I will also dearly miss staying up late talking to her. We did that more last year when we shared a room. We honestly spent approximately an hour every night talking till we fell asleep. It was so fun because when I say we talked, we mostly laughed, especially when we were discussing how hot Zac Efron is, and how I was going to marry Channing Tatum, and she was going to marry a Harvard-going politician's son, and of course we laughed hardest when quoting HPPP ("Well that's just fantastic!"). This year we have stayed up late in the living room on the couches with the Christmas lights on, hot chocolate (she likes hers with toast), feeling homey. And we have also greatly enjoyed her Netflix account. Bu I am forever amazed about her patience in listening to me and my ridiculous woes. She has been a saint.
I think I am going to be a little bit lost without her. She has been my lunch buddy, gym buddy, and probably pretty much everything else buddy. I am so lucky to have had these years with her in which to study with in the library in high school together while sneaking to eat our sandwiches at the same time, to almost get in fights with Pineview people, to make cake for each other, to go on trips together, to freakout over something or another, and to waste time together and laugh at getting away with it.
Happy Birthday Auds!
1 comment:
Yay me!!! Thank you so much! You are so sweet! I will be totally lost without you too. We've had too many good times. I love you!!
Post a Comment