One of the reasons that I love school is because of "the zone". When I am working on certain types of assignments or projects, my brain goes into this lovely mode where all my thoughts are directed toward what I am working on. It is like meditating, because my thoughts are very focused and moving forward, and my mind is empty of everything except what I am working on. While in the zone time goes by in hours not minutes. It is bliss. And maybe this is just me, but I usually have so many thoughts running around and around in my head without much purpose to them, that when I focus and direct and put my thoughts toward a useful purpose and have them work for me in a streamlined way, its like I've conquered something. It feels good :)
I get in the zone most easily when I am doing calculus or reading well written fiction. I am noticing my zone as I am writing the paper that I am working on, and am so grateful. Its like leaving life for a little while. The zone might not be the best vacation ever, cause you don't get a tan, but it is definitely the cheapest. Y'all should try it ;)
4 comments:
Teach me your methods...
I just can't seem to find "the zone."
hahaha I second that Hannah! I am never in the zone.
I understand the zone, and like you, find it easiest to enter when I'm writing or reading. Often it happens when I'm taking an exam (hopefully). I remember clearly several times in college when I was so into it - it was great! I remember writing one paper in particular when it was so intense. I can still remember what the paper was about - comparing the play "Waiting for Godot" by Beckett to "The Myth of Sisyphus" by Camus. It was really fun and I actually felt intelligent, which is rare in college. Love you bundles, Mom
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have not been in the zone in FOREVER. And I miss it. I really just wish I had an amazing book to read so I can get in the zone. I'm not going to voluntarily work really hard on homework that I don't have to do, and movies don't work the same way. So I need a book. Life is such a struggle!
Post a Comment