But here is the thing - I am so in love with these paintings that I don't even want to put them up on my blog. That would be practically insulting to these works. But I will anyway, because I have a point to prove. Popular religious artists Greg Olsen and Del Parson are fine for mass production, and they serve their purpose, but they are so not meant to be huge and framed on a wall as the epitome of what good art is. If you have a huge painting done by either of these artists hanging on your wall at home in a lovely frame, props to you. I fully support beautifying and uplifting rooms with inspiring art, even if it is fantastical, and those paintings are reasonably priced, so its fine as long as you realize how much way better art is out there! There are so many artists that are not nearly as famous as those two previously mentioned who are so much better. I just hate it when people think that they are the greatest of all that is artistic. Bleah.
Compare those commonly known pieces and tell me that the paintings by J. Kirk Richards that I have included below don't just hit you, and make you think deeply, and make you feel like they are saying something about who Christ really was, and what he thought about. Its real. This is good art. http://art.jkirkrichards.com/archive.php

2 comments:
It's so true- I looooove that one.
I really, really like those, Rachelle. I totally get what you saying about the art thing. I'm so glad you posted about art. You know how I feel about it. One of the best purchases of my life was the big poster of the Matisse painting. It makes me so happy.
Post a Comment