Sunday, September 20, 2009

DEW Tour 2009

Since my last post was about football, and this one is about BMX, you might be thinking that I am a total tomboy. Which would be false. And to reassure your doubting minds I will next post a picture of the latest love of my life... After I say how much fun the Dew Tour was!! I loved it because it was something I had never done before, because I think these guys are amazing athletes, and I kind of love the laid back culture of extreme sports. You swear that they aren't going to be able to pull out of their mid-air contortions in time to land without killing themselves, but they do every time. Its ridiculous.
I didn't see Ryan Scheckler (famous and awesome skateboarder who I love), but I did have some adventures none-the-less. I did a little under the table wheeling and dealing for our tickets and saved some money, and I also did a bit of sneaking around and playing the innocent and dumb but friendly blonde to use an ATM that was in a closed off area of the Energy Solutions Arena, so that I could get the cash to make my aforementioned sketchy deal :)
Another awesome part of the day was the fact that I got to see my cousin Chloe! She was visiting from Houston, TX and I hadn't seen her in years so it was fun to spend time with her.
We also went to the Farmers Market where I got an amazing loaf of bread. I LOVE good bread. I need to start learning how to make the good stuff.
Back to the subject of purchases... yeah, I now own these and I'm in love with them!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like an awesome show. The only sports I enjoy watching are of the x-games variety (winter and summer) and cycling.

Scooter and Jessica said...

Like I already said - the boots are HOT! If only our feet were the same size...