So, I am continuing to do amazing things here in Rome! I have now seen Michelangelo's Moses, and the most amazing Bernini statues in the Borghese Villa, as well as some of Carravagio's best works. It has been fabulous! I have also been in many churches, and I have seen the ruins of a Roman gym. There was also this pyramid that is some general's tomb that was fun to go to, because who would have guessed - a pyramid in Rome? I didn't get to take pictures in the Borghese Villa, but I have others :) I am also thoroughly enjoying the food as well - it is awesome. I love the spaghetti, pizza, panini, and especially chocolate chip gelatto! Mmm. I can't find any italian creme sodas, apparently those aren't actually italian, and I had some really good fruit pizza as well (from a store that has been open since 1760!), but I still liked my mom's better :) And last night, me and some of the girls went on a run to St. Peter's. It was gorgeous at night, and so much fun to nonchalantly just say, "yeah I went on a jog to St. Peter's" because at what other time in my life will I ever be able to do that?! It is so great! I will be sad to leave Rome in a few days. I feel like I live here, and it is blissful :)
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Gelatto (and art of course)
So, I am continuing to do amazing things here in Rome! I have now seen Michelangelo's Moses, and the most amazing Bernini statues in the Borghese Villa, as well as some of Carravagio's best works. It has been fabulous! I have also been in many churches, and I have seen the ruins of a Roman gym. There was also this pyramid that is some general's tomb that was fun to go to, because who would have guessed - a pyramid in Rome? I didn't get to take pictures in the Borghese Villa, but I have others :) I am also thoroughly enjoying the food as well - it is awesome. I love the spaghetti, pizza, panini, and especially chocolate chip gelatto! Mmm. I can't find any italian creme sodas, apparently those aren't actually italian, and I had some really good fruit pizza as well (from a store that has been open since 1760!), but I still liked my mom's better :) And last night, me and some of the girls went on a run to St. Peter's. It was gorgeous at night, and so much fun to nonchalantly just say, "yeah I went on a jog to St. Peter's" because at what other time in my life will I ever be able to do that?! It is so great! I will be sad to leave Rome in a few days. I feel like I live here, and it is blissful :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment