
So its been awhile since my last post. This is because we have been moving around a lot lately. Just fyi, I do have a new camera that works beautifully, since my last one was stolen and although I am bitter that I am out approximately 225 dollars - why waste time dwelling on it - live and learn right? But I am having technical difficulties, so this isn't my picture, but I have one exactly like it, which brings me more joy than I can say :)
I am currently in Florence and having a wonderful time. My shower doesn't have a rim around it, so it floods the whole floor, and the phone doesn't work, and it's been raining a lot, but that's just the way I like it :) Its all part of the experience! In the time since I have last posted, I have been to Sorento, Capri, Pompeii, and today I took a day trip to Piza with a bunch of the girls. The weather was gorgeous, and even just the train ride to get there was amazing. I was reading my book, and every few minutes I would look up and be so happy, realizing over and over that I am actually in Italy! The only thing that is sad is how fast this is all going.
I would like to tell the story of my trip to the Blue Grotto. So many other interesting and totaly funny or cool things happened that day as well, but this is the one I want my parents to read. All of the getting hit on and running and exploring deserted paths with Katie, my engaged adventure buddy (no one cares if you say you are married. It has absolutely no effect, ahahaha), will be filtered for now :)
We got on a boat that we thought would take us around the island and drop us off so we could go in the Grotto. To my horror, we didn't stop and I seriously contemplated jumping off the boat and swimming. We were running out of time, and we thought that we were just not going to be able to go in. But my parents taught me better than to give up like that. I sprinted to the other boat companies searching for a boat that was still going out despite some italian telling me it was impossible and that the grotto was no good in the afternoon come back tomorrow. My ferry back to sorrento left at six, so I ran and I found a boat that would take us to the grotto and get us back in time, and after some more running with Katie to tell the other girls, and the fastest bathroom trip of my life, we made it. And it was totally worth it! It was gorgeous inside the grotto, and I felt so good, following in my family's footsteps. The boat guide sang come back to sorrento in italian while we were in there - the song that our music box has played and I learned on the piano for my dad. We were the only boat in there, and it was surreal being in the place that I saw on videotape so many years ago from my parent's trip. I came to sorrento, and don't worry, I fully intend to come back. :)
4 comments:
Your mother and I feel the same way about the Blue Grotto- one of the Earth's most beautiful experiences. We are so gald that you made it. I am surprized that your group didn't go on an organized tour into the Grotto. Did you have to find your own way in? Anyway, we are glad you did it.
Firenze is also very beautiful. there is art everywhere. When I went to Pisa, they let us go climbing up to the top of the leaning tower. The marble floors were wet and slippery- kind of scary.
We are glad that you are having fun. Learn a lot- and be safe!
Dad
I'm so glad you got to go to the Blue Grotto! I loved watching the home videos of when mom and dad went. How fun! Enjoy Florence while you're there. It was one of my very favorite cities to visit.
I can't believe I missed your phone call when you called! I answered it RIGHT after it stopped ringing. What a bummer. I would have loved to talk to you. Try to call again if you can! Love you!
I wish we would have been in Florence at the same time!! We'll be there June 3rd!! I'm glad you're having such a fantastic time!
:) what more can i say? love it!
Post a Comment