Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good things about summer school


So I want to start off with a picture of the sandwich that i made this morning. We ran out of baggies yesterday because only heaven knows how I lost the two boxes of baggies that I bought at the store last time... So this morning when I was of course in a rush, I grabbed for the saranwrap instead, and this is what I cam up with. You can barely see the sandwich in there! The edges of the sandwich kept peeking out so I had to just keep wrapping and wrapping, it was all together ridiculous. It was funny :)
So there are several things that I like about going to school during the spring/summer terms.
1. I did my homework by the pool yesterday! I went to class, went to the pool, went to class, and went to the pool again! I think I am going to get very tan this summer :)
2. I can drive to school! There is graduate student parking right outside the Tanner builidng that is available for undergrads during the summer. I feel so cool when I pull up to school and it takes thirty seconds to get to my seat in the classroom from there. What a time saver!
3. I never have to go anywhere on campus besides the Tanner building, and because it is the nicest building on campus anyway, I am a happy camper.
4. Study rooms/everything is always available. Fewer people = fewer lines/more space :)
5. I have a dinner group! Monday-Thursday, I do not have to worry about cooking dinner, except for the one night every three weeks that it is my turn to cook. So because of this, I don't have to shop/spend money on food nearly as often!
6. Um, have I mentioned my SAILING class??
7. For the first time in YEARS, I go to sleep before midnight on a regular basis. Boring, yes, but, extremely helpful for staying awake in my 8:00 am class. My roommates' examples are largely the reason that I do this. I think that Erin goes to sleep at like 10:00 a lot of nights! Crazy!
8. My new roomies! They are all awesome, and I got so super lucky when I picked them!

2 comments:

Scooter and Jessica said...

I'm so glad that you are loving summer term. It sounds like your productiveness is actually going to end up being fun as well. And driving to campus? Jealous!

Paul Doxey said...

I am so happy for you!