
For my business writing class we were required to read The People Code which was previously published as The Color Code. The author, Dr. Taylor Hartman, claims that every person on the planet has one of four core motives in life, and by understanding how our core motive can influence our lives, we can understand ourselves and and all types of inter-personal relationships better. The four core motives are power, intimacy, peace, and fun (in an incredibly over-simplified explanation), and each motive corresponds to a color: red, blue, white, and yellow respectively.
I took the test to find out which color I am, and what do you know? I am an completely even split between red and blue. Great. According to the book my even, multiple dominant colors indicate that I have the most inner turmoil of any of the color combinations. Having inner turmoil is like my middle-name, so maybe there is something to this theory! Or maybe I just have a split personality and don't know it :)
The book is interesting mainly because after detailed descriptions of each type of motive force, the ease with which colors are combined, pitfalls in communication between person's of different colors, etc. are addressed. If you read this book, you will forever view inter-personal relationships differently. The information this theory provides can be quite helpful, because I think it is relatively accurate.
But the point is, after reading the book, I can more easily identify other's personality color, and as such, I have developed an intense desire to know if my postulations are correct. So if you've ever taken the test or heard about this theory enough to know what your color is, leave a comment for me. I am dying to know! Also, there is a free online test at http://www.colorcode.com/personality_test/. Copy and paste into your browser, take the quiz, and tell me your results!
4 comments:
This is a cool concept. Katie learned about it in high school, and we all took the test. Then, I was pretty evenly split blue & red, with slightly more blue. I took it again on your link today, and I'm 44% red with about 35% blue. My oldest son is about the exact same as I am. :)
I am mostly red with a healthy dose of yellow and blue was third.
Your mother is most blue.
I took it in my MCom class and i was pretty even blue/red with some white. Who is your professor and when are we going to see each other!??!
if it's not fun, it's not worth it! okay, okay, so yellow is my core, but blue is closely behind. and then white. fun, love, and peace, baby!
Post a Comment