Monday, September 22, 2008

Just call me Piet

This weekend I became an artist- I painted a painting for my bathroom.
It all started because I had this shower curtain that was white and black, and both yellow and blue towels and I felt that I needed something to tie it all together.
I started by coloring a few of the white circles on the shower curtain yellow, but that took too long. Markers are small! So I thought bigger. And that led me to a painting I loved from ArtH 202 a year ago. An altered version of it was going to be just what I needed! So, I bought canvas, paint and those cheap sponge brushes and designed my work in the neo-plasticism style of Piet Mondrian's Tableau 2.
And then I took the paint to the shower curtain (much faster). :) I had a lot of fun, and didn't even get the paint too many places that it isn't supposed to be! But I am still waiting for the blue to come off my toe :)

Honorable mention for this blog goes to the football team. There has yet to be a point scored against BYU during their past two games! Woohoo! They are so awesome!

As a very random side note, I would also like to mention that I apologize for the obnoxiously gigantic picture of myself that has been at the top of my blog for such a long time now. "How conceited is this girl?" you are wondering. The truth of the matter is I couldn't figure out how to make it so much smaller the way I wanted, and so I got frustrated and gave up and have been ignoring it ever since. Please try to do the same until I find the time and patience to fix the problem. Cheers!

3 comments:

Maria Reidhead said...

That's cute, Rachelle! I would have never tried that--well, actually, I'd have never THOUGHT of that! Good job! You're a gal of many talents :) And, you must be good luck to BYU!!! Keep going to those games.

Paul Doxey said...

Baby, you are talented AND brave! I never would have had the confidence that I could do something like that. But you just plunged in and look at ya' - now you're an artist in addition to your many other gifts... By the way, I love the picture of you.
P.S. I miss you tons
Love, Mom

Andi said...

So darling! I've always wanted to paint a painting. I actually went so far as to go to a store to buy canvas and paint once, but it was too expensive, so I left. I'll do it someday though!