Sunday, September 14, 2008

I suddenly love football

Dear readers,
I am writing to inform you that I went to the BYU vs. UCLA football game today, and I loved it! As someone who previously has had a very hard time sitting through an entire game, this comes as a small surprise. My throat hurts from screaming, and my hands were sore from clapping. I would just like to say that admiring the skill with which people beat each other up in a civilized way is thrilling. I mean, at the beginning of the game there was this amazing tackle, and another time one guy vaulted himself over the man that was running at him. It was crazy! The point is that this is the first time I have owned an all-sports pass, and I am loving it! I had excellent, twelfth-row seats today and I heard that they aren't rotating the seating this year! (And btw, I was so glad when the guy in front of me finally took off his huge gardening hat. It was totally blocking the view.) An added perk is that we are in the corner next to the portal through which the players run onto the field! Mmmm yeah :) Ha ha ha! Life rocks.

4 comments:

Maria Reidhead said...

Oh yeah, Rachelle!!! BYU football is so great once again with Coach Mendenhall!! Just like the good old days with Coach Edwards. I'm so glad you went and loved it! Makes you anxious for the next game, doesn't it? GO BIG BLUE!!!

Ashley and Devon said...

Rachelle! this is hilarious because I feel exactly the same way! I've always had the hardest time watching football-but the UCLA game was magical...I totally loved it! This is just fantastic.

hannahshirley said...

Who takes your awfully cute and mod profile portraits? You look like a doll.

Andi said...

Wow, what great seats! That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you like football, because I don't AT ALL. I really should learn to like it for Adam's sake...

Miss you!