
This past Tuesday I wore a skirt and flats to work so that I could walk to the temple to do baptisms when I got off. I thought it would be perfect to stretch my legs after sitting all day and to accomplish my goal of doing baptisms every week.
Setting out I knew the general direction I needed to go and had a guess as to how many blocks I needed to go, but I couldn't see the temple from the City Center building where I work. But I was happy to be walking around downtown anyway. It reminded me of my Art History study abroad in Europe. We often would just start walking in a general direction and not worry about how long it took us to get somewhere.
So anyway, lo and behold, on the way there my dream came true, and I ran into the jewelry store O.C. Tanner. I had been planning on looking their location up soon, but fate brought us together before I could even do that. For those of you who might not know, for years now, I have had a hobby of studying jewelry. It started in high school, and was only enforced by my art history classes. I study jewelry, and more particularly, jewelry designers, the way that I study artists because I have a firm belief that jewelry should be designed and purchased as an art form. Anything less is just a waste of precious stones and metal. Anyway, even though they were closed, they let me in, and I have never been more excited about any jewelry store in my life. They carry all my favorite designers, and some great ones I had never heard of and I was in heaven! Oh my, it was wonderful. I am going back to visit again soon.
I continued on to the temple, and had a wonderful time there as well, in a more calming but more satisfying way. I loved it. Then I stopped at the Lion House Pantry for a roll and honey butter, and I ate that while I walked back to my car. All in all, it was a wonderful evening. And I am so glad I get to spend time in downtown Salt Lake!
1 comment:
I love LoVe LOVE walking in a general direction without knowing for sure where to go. What a pleasure!
Post a Comment