Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another Art Project

So I went on a date last weekend to Color Me Mine where I painted this vase. I tried really hard and it turned out really well! I sketched the design on the vase freehand in pencil first and then just painted over what I had drawn. And I was way excited that I got to pick whichever type of pottery I wanted from the selection of plates, mugs, toothbrush holders etc. Considering the sad, plain state of our apartment decor, hopefully this will make me and my roommates seem more domestic by adding flowers and putting the vase on the kitchen table or something. And because I'm such a mooch, all I need now I is someone dashing to supply the flowers :)

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Awesome vase. You are so artistic!

Andi said...

I love your last sentence. So cute! I wish Adam bought me flowers more often...

I love the vase. You did a great job. The bright colors make it so cheerful! I will call you soon. Love you!

Paul Doxey said...

Your vase is absolutely darling! And dashing men are hard to come by - esp. when they're poor students. I totally lucked out in the man department as my daughters well know. Hopefully you'll find someone ALMOST as cool as your Dad... Love, Mom

Audrey said...

You are so right! Our apartment is very poorly decorated. But that is not because we lack the skill. It is because we have no money and no time to decorate. Too bad for us. But thank you so much for your contributions of Christmas lights and lovely vase. And by the way, I think the picture of the vase is really cool too. You should consider a career in photography. :)

Ron and Maggie said...

That looks awesome Rachelle! Just go buy some cute fakes! Then you'll never have to through them away... Thats what we did at our house