Monday, April 21, 2008

Lemming

I have resisted creating a blog for some time now.  But,  as Queen would say "another one bites the dust".  And although I am not sure whether or not they intended that to be a reference to death, to me it means the same thing as "just bite the bullet and get it over with" but in a past tense, third person kind of way :)  As to the association with dying, creating this blog will probably kill any misconstrued, but much appreciated reputation I might have of being normal, interesting, or coherent :)  So there you go.  And if not, it will at least reveal my obsessive over-use of smiley faces and commas :)
I gave in to creating a blog for the sole purpose of documenting my upcoming trip to europe, which should help make my posts at least slightly interesting by nature of the subject matter alone, and if not, at least there should be some amazing pictures!
I am leaving on April 30th at 6:00 am from Las Vegas, and I am so excited!!! I won't be back home until June 24th, which is marvelous :)  The program I am going with is the Spring Art History Study Abroad officially.  We are going to five countries in the following order: Greece, Italy, Spain, France and England.  We will be visiting tons of museums and historical sites during the trip, but we do have many half-days to ourselves.  So if anyone has any suggestions as to how I should spend that time, I would love to hear it!
Now, I need to get studying, as I am in the middle of finals, but as the creation of this blog makes obvious, I am having a really hard time keeping the daydreams at bay.  Wish me luck! :)

8 comments:

Paul Doxey said...

I am honored to be the first to leave my "footprint" on your blog site. Your mother and I are excited for your adventure. I think that your blog is a good idea and we will watch it carefully every day while you are away from the "nest". However, as your father, I must remind you to take your pepper spray.

Ashley and Devon said...

So I have a suggestion too...scout out the European men! At least if not for you...for me :). jk of course. I will miss you and will read your blog anxiously each and every day, awaiting the arrival of good news from afar! Much love, ALV

Becca said...

I was happy to find your blog accessible from Andrea's. I can't wait to see your European trip photos. Have a great time.

Genna said...

Congrats on starting a blog. They can be fun and a little addicting. I hope you don't mind, but I added a link to your blog on mine. My blog is dontcallmegen.blogspot.com Have fun in Europe!

Anonymous said...

Too bad you're going to the coolest country first... They should switch the order around so that you won't be disappointed by the lack of awesomeness in the other countries compared to Greece... haha, okay jk. All those countries are awesome! Have a great time!

hannahshirley said...

RD: You're going to have so much fun in Europe & I can't wait to read all about it. Have a great summer! Love, H
p.s. we never painted our nails together...

Unknown said...

You make such a cute lemming!

CORNWELL FAMILY said...

ПРЭВЕТ Rachelle!

by the way the first word is prevyet means hi in Russian. I think the blog is a great idea. Its why I started mine. It makes it easy to keep friends and family updated, and you can print it out and use it for a journal too! Here is my blog! I'm going to add you to my bloggers list! I'm so excited for you to come here to europe! Its beautiful! I'm seeing 5 countries too! Russia, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, and Austria. Good Luck!
maggie

ooglymooglymay.blogspot.com